Standing Cable Fly
The standing cable fly is an excellent isolation exercise for the chest. The benefits of using cables instead of dumbbells is you get constant tension throughout the whole movement.
How to do a Standing Cable Fly
- Set both pulleys directly at, or slightly above shoulder height.
- Step forward to split the stance to maintain your balance.
- Hold both handles with your arms out to the side with your palms facing forward.
- Press the handles and bring the handles close together in front of you while keeping a slight bend in your elbows
- Return to the starting position while keeping your shoulders forward until you're nearly back in the starting position. Don't use your back to row the handles back.
Do each rep slow and controlled. Don't use momentum.